Pollinators

In response to last week’s drawing (but photos are also welcome!) challenge.

15 Replies to “Pollinators”

1. Veronica Roth says:

Those are beautiful Becca! 😀 I love them all but especially that snowberry clearwing moth. He reminds me of the hawk moth that we have here in the Pacific Northwest. Our hawk moths are rather huge and can look like hummingbirds. Is your guy that big? And the buddleia! Isn’t that a miracle plant? Everyone seems to love it. I love that it grows will all over the place…including England, where people sometimes think it’s a noxious weed and try to eradicate it from areas like train tracks. What are they thinking? Big hugs my friend, and I hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you. 😀

• Becca says:

Thanks, V.
      Yes, it was that big! I think these things are sometimes called hawk moths, hummingbird moths, bumblebee moths, and/or sphinx moths. I love butterfly bushes, too. I want to get more, in all different colors, and just put them everywhere. 🙂 I couldn’t imagine trying to get rid of it; it’s beautiful! It’s finally starting to get a little warmer here, so I’ve been outside taking tons of pictures lately. Of course, then it frosted both nights over this past weekend… Sigh… Is it getting warm waaaaay over there, yet? 😉
      Hope you, too, have a lovely week filled with sunshine and inspiration!

2. Tammie says:

so very lovely and such a joy to see.
    So glad that you could join us!

3. lissa says:

I’ve never seen a moth before and that green one looks like a bat of sorts. thanks for sharing these.

hope you have a lovely day.

• Becca says:

Thanks, Lissa. When I first saw that big green moth, it petrified me. It was on the ceiling of my front porch, right over the door. I was a little freaked out, but it was so unique! I’d never seen anything like it. So, of course, I ran to get my camera. 😉

4. Carole says:

Becca, you’ve captured the pollinators hard at work. You have such a good photographer’s eye!

5. viola says:

Awesome photos, what a lovely world we have! 🙂

6. Wow! I’m amazed you were able to get so close and capture all the intricacies.

7. Gorgeous photos of pollinators, Becca!

8. Pollinators | Ferndean Press says: